Optimum Email Customer Support
Tollfree - +1 (800) 775-5582
A Deep Look at the Optimum Email Service
We are entirely dependent on our email service. There are tons of email service providers that we have in the present. These email services help us facilitate our daily communications better and also help us with numerous other add-ons.
One such email service provider is Optimum email service. Apart from offering you superior internet connection, Wi-Fi hotspots, TV connection, TV on demand and a range of calling features and facilities, Optimum also offers their own email service to benefit their existing users. Its email service is quite decent and hassle free. However, if you plan to use it for the first time it is always better to have a good understanding of the service so that you can make full use of it in the right way.
How can I set up an Optonline / Optimum Email? (MILESTONE X2)
Setting up an Optonline / Optimum Email?
If you are interested in knowing how to set up an Optonline / Optimum email account without much fuss, then check out these steps below:
- Navigate to optimum.net with the help of your mobile phone's web browser.
- You will be automatically redirected to the Optimum Mobile homepage.
- In case the mobile page did not lead up properly, then you need to simply type http://m.optimum.net into your browser and wait for the page to open up.
Setting up Optonline / Optimum as a POP3 account on your MILESTONE X2
If you are wondering how you can set up your email account on your MILESTONE X2, then after you have already set your phone up, you need to go through the set of steps given below. If you are looking to add an email account during your phone's initial startup, then you need to skip down to the Set-up accounts menu mentioned in Step 3 of the same menu.
- First, you need to open the Applications tray.
- Then, click the option My Accounts.
- Next, select the Add Account tab
- Now, you will be at the Set-Up accounts menu with an array of other social network icons.
- Here, you need to select the Email icon.
- Now, you need to enter your full email address, including the domain name For instance: @optonline.net or @optimum.net all in lower cases.
- Next, you need to enter your password.
- Then make sure you leave the Automatically configured account checked.
- Now, tap on the Next tab. The phone will be connected to your email server and state "Success!" only if your account was set-up properly.
If you are into this connection, you may be asked to go through a complete manual setup if your email service provider is not recognized. It may also happen in case your email address/password is incorrect or if your email provider has imposed restrictions on the mobile email setup.
You also have to check with your email service provider if you need to obtain any of that detail. The other essentials that you would need are a password, login name, POP3 or IMAP port, and server settings if you want to complete a Manual set-up. If you have this information handy then you can proceed to the next section right away, which is associated with Manual setup.
If prompted for manual setup, you need to first tap on the option that says Manual setup. It is also easy to land into manual setup just by un-checking the Automatically configure account option after you have already entered your email address and password.
- Click on the tab General Settings, then confirm whether the information in all General Settings fields is correct. IN case they are wrong, then you need to make any necessary changes you would need.
- Next, select OK to exit this menu.
- Now, you need to tap on the option Incoming Server.
- Then, select the POP3 mail server option.
- Next, enter the POP3 server box and type the server name that is applicable to your account. For example, mail.optonline.net or mail.optimum.net
- Now, remove the checked options on Use Secure connection and Verify Certificate
- The Port should be 110
- Then, you need to verify your username
- And enter the correct password
- Now, tap OK
- Select Outgoing Server
- Here, you need to enter the SMTP server name box and their type in the server name associated with your account. For instance: mail.optonline.net or mail.optimum.net
- Then again you need to uncheck the options Secure connection and Verify Certificate
- Port - 587
- Then, check your username once again
- Next, enter or just confirm your email account password if you can already see it.
- Then, tap OK
- And tap on Other Settings
- Here, you need to select the time duration for the messages that will be kept on the phone.
- Then, tap on OK followed by another tap on OK to submit your email set-up.
Your account will now be set up and ready to use!