You might find that your Hushmail has been disabled. This can be due to a multitude of reasons namely:
- Lack of activity in a legacy-free account: Not being active for a while in a legacy-free account for three weeks can lead to the account being disabled. It can, however, be reactivated by subscribing to Hushmail premium. If you upgrade within one year of the account is disabled, then you will be able to recover all the contacts and details from the older account.
- Creating accounts in bulk: making a number of free accounts can also result in all of them being disabled. This is done by tracking your IP address. For availing services for multiple accounts, users would have to avail Hushmail Business services.
- Sending a number of emails at the same time/ spam: If you send a number of emails at the same time, then there are high chances that it would be treated as spam. Hence, would result in a permanent ban. There are various different ways of sending multiple emails such as MailChimp, Aweber mailing list.
- Violation of Terms of Service: Please read through our terms of services. If it is found that a user has violated any of the rules, then his/her account will be permanently deactivated. However, it can be re-activated if the user contacts the Hushmail Customer Support for being banned by mistake.
- Email not being received: before receiving emails on your Hushmail domain, there are few settings that are needed to be configured. Your Mail exchange records should point out to your servers which record the route through which all your emails are received. This system tells the servers about the location of your incoming email and hence, without it, the servers would not be able to find them. There are no complications to this and no other extra steps are needed to be taken such as changing the settings, transferring your web hosting etc to rectify the mistake.
This is required when you are using Business accounts where you have to type your domain name. If you are using your Hushmail business subdomain, then this is not a requirement.
These are some of the problems that you might face when using Hushmail. However, if you face other more severe problems, then contact Hushmail Customer Support immediately.