People use various email clients for sending and receiving emails. Using the free email services like Google and Yahoo is a popular option. But, these free web mails are not good in all cases. You need an email service that gives excellent data security. If you are searching for such an email service, iCloud is the best option for you. This email service comes with excellent ranges of features. At the same time, you can attain top-class data security with iCloud email service. For configuring iCloud email service for your Outlook, you need to follow some simple steps. In the following section, you shall get these steps.
Get the iCloud Account First
Before you move to configure your iCloud email service for Outlook software, you need to configure your account first. For account configuration, you need to follow simple steps. To open an account with iCloud email service, you need to fill up online form. Make sure that you fill up the form with all the truthful information. Once the form is filled up, you need to click on “create your account”. Make sure that you enter unique username and password for the account. For configuration of your iCloud email account, you need to have valid password. So, make sure that you have the account and password.
iCloud Password for Outlook Configuration
At the first step of iCloud email configuration for Outlook, you need to have the email password and username. Once you have the correct password, you can move to the next steps. For obtaining the password, you can follow the steps as discussed below.
- Open your web browser to manage your Apple ID.
- Enter your Apple ID for login to your email.
- Now, go to the security section, where you shall find many options.
- Here, you shall get an option namely “app specific security option”. Click on this option to generate your password.
- Select the program or application as iCloud to generate password for iCloud email service.
- Make sure that you keep the password at a confidential place. You can change the password, if you want.
iCloud Setup for Outlook
For iCloud setup for Outlook, you need to follow some simple steps. What are those steps? In the following section, you shall get the steps.
- Open the Outlook application at first.
- Now, go to the menu section, and then click on “File”.
- Click on “Add Account” option.
- Check the “manual setup” option and then move to the next step.
- On the next screen, you need to select “POP or IMAP option”.
- You shall get a form. You need to enter name, email address, etc.
- When these things are done, you need to enter username and password.
- Go to advanced tab, and enter 993 beside the IMAP.
Following these steps will help you to configure the iCloud Email for Outlook. It takes only a few minutes to complete the steps. Make sure that you follow the steps properly.